Hotel: Inn at Mulberry Grove, 101 O’Leary Road, Savannah 912-965-9666 Call to make reservations. Tell them Kendra set up for the Spyder Ryders to get best rate. $79.04 with tax per night for a $237.12 Total for all three nights.
- Meeting times:
- Clermont: the Hess station at Hwy 50 and 455 at 8:30am.
- Melbourne: Leave Hess station (8275 N Wickham Rd Melbourne FL 32940) located at SR 404 & I-95 (Exit 191) at 8:30 AM sharp.
- Ormond Beach: the Kangaroo Express at 1520 W Granada Blvd at 10am leaving at 10:15 gassed up.
- Jacksonville: Pollo Tropical, 730 Skymarks Dr, Jacksonville.
- Gas: Exit 363A, Mobil, 14958 Duval Rd, Jacksonville, Station is on right as we exit.
- Lunch: Pollo Tropical, 730 Skymarks Dr, Jacksonville, same exit as gas
- Gas and bathroom break Exit 36A Chevron on the left.
- Arrive at hotel around 3:30PM
- Dinner at Kevin Barry’s, 117 W River St, Savannah, at ~6PM. kevinbarrys.com
- Because of it being Halloween I only have tentative reservations. I have to call an 1 ½ hours before hand to confirm.
- Not to worry, if they are already too busy we will be eating at the Sweet Tea Grille, 109 Traveler’s Way, Port Wentworth, GA. It is close to the hotel.
- After dinner we will go down to River Street for Crawl-O-Ween which is a pub crawl. I have three Taxi numbers or us.
- Breakfast is on your own.
- Wheels rolling at 8:00AM heading to Charleston, SC.
- One hour Carriage Ride at 10:30AM please have $21 cash each. This will speed things up.
- Nevertheless, they do take credit cards. Old South Carriage Co. 14 Anson Street, Charleston, SC.
- Lunch at 12:30PM at Dixie Supply Bakery & Café, 62 State St, Charleston (Dixiecafecharleston.com)
- Wheels rolling trip back to Savannah at 3:30PM
- Dinner at Old Oyster Factory Restaurant, 101 Marshland Rd, Hilton Head Island, SC 6PM (Oldoysterfactory.com)
- Breakfast is on your own
- Wheels rolling 9AM to River Street for some free time.
- Brunch at Huey’s On The River, 115 East River Street, Savannah at 11AM (Hueysontheriver.net)
- Tour Fort Jackson, wheels rolling will be set at Brunch. (Chsgeorgia.org)
- Tybee Island Lighthouse tour (Tybeelighthouse.org)
- Dinner at TYB Grill, 402 First Street, Tybee Island 6PM (Tybgrill.com)
- After dinner: Hearse Ghost Tour at 9PM. It is $15 each. Hearseghosttours.com
- Pick up is at the Double Tree Hotel, 411 West Bay St, Savannah, GA.
- Parking is on Montgomery St which is beside the Hotel between the Hilton & Double Tree Hotels
- Breakfast on your own
- Wheels rolling at 9AM
- Gas and bathroom break exit 36A Chevron
- Gas Mobil, 14958 Duval Rd, Jacksonville
- Lunch at Sticky Fingers Smokehouse, 13150 City Station Dr, Jacksonville, same exit as gas (Stickyfingers.com)
- Gas at Kangaroo Express, 2625 Beville Rd, Daytona Beach. We can say our goodbyes!
- Last stop HOME!
FYI: The hotel offers a continental breakfast, but for anyone looking for more there is a Waffle House within view of the Hotel and there is a Dunkin’ Donuts, 7201 Old Hwy 21, Port Wentworth, GA which is just on the other side of the Hwy 95.
There is an Enmark gas station across from the hotel and a Murphy USA station next to Dunkin Donuts.
I have been advised that parking in Savannah is free after 5pm on Friday, until Monday morning. We will have to confirm this.